Udaipur to Jaisalmer by Road
The approximate road distance between Udaipur and Jaisalmer is 591 kms and time taken to travel from Udaipur to Jaisalmer is approximately 8 to 10 hours. However, the total travel time also depends on which mode of transportation one chooses to travel by. Via bus the total journey duration can be tad longer than 10 hours as compared to 8 or 8 and half hours if one chooses to travel via car. The prospective travelers, however, must note that state run RSRTC don’t operate too many buses between these two destinations. Hence for people who don’t own a private vehicle, they will invariably have to avail the services of private travel agencies, who provide bus as well as car rental services.
For people traveling on their private vehicle, they need to take note that there is more than one route for Udaipur to Jaisalmer. However, we’d like to advice travelers to drive via newly constructed highways that are actually part of Golden Quadrilateral Highway project. This includes National Highway (NH) 76, National Highway 8, National Highway 112 and National Highway 15. The condition of these roads are extremely good and hence time taken to travel lessens invariably.
Below is complete information on driving direction from Udaipur to Jaisalmer
- Head northeast on RMV road toward Lake Palace road.
- Take right toward Bapu Bazar road.
- Take a left at Bapu Bazar road.
- Take first right toward State Highway 32/NH 76/NH 8/SH 32.
- Followed by left at State Highway 32/NH 76/NH 8/SH 32.
- Travelers will come across Fatehpura Circle at NH 8. Take a right from there.
- Turn left toward State Highway 32/SH 32.
- Turn right at State Highway 32/SH 32.
- Turn left at State Highway 32/State Highway 49.
- Continue onto State Highway 16/State Highway 62.
- Take a left at NH 14/SH 16.
- Take the 1st right onto State Highway 16/SH 16.
- Travelers will come across Shivaji Nagar Circle at Sate Highway 16. Take a left from Shivaji Nagar Circle.
- Then take right at Hospital Circle at State Highway 16/State Highway 38/SH 16/SH 38.
- Then drive straight at State Highway 16.
- Followed by taking left to stay at State Highway 16.
- Then drive towards State Highway 28 and afterwards drive towards National Highway 112.
- Then take a roundabout and take a 3rd exit on NH 15.
- Take a left at NH 15; here take a one roundabout.
- After taking a roundabout, take a 1st at Gadisar road.
- And then finally take a right turn at Fort road.
Some important information about Jaisalmer
Before travelers do make it to Jaisalmer city, we furnish you some very basic and important information about the city. Jaisalmer is famously nicknamed as the “Golden City of India”. This is because here every important monument is built in yellow sandstone, which invariably lends the feeling that entire city is draped in yellowish-golden color. Jaisalmer doesn’t have an airport, but does have a railway station and many important long distance trains do halt here. It located approximately 575 kilometres from Jaipur – state capital of Rajasthan.
Some of the major tourist destinations in Jaisalmer city
- Jaisalmer Fort.
- Bada Bagh.
- Kuldhara Abandoned Village.
- Khaba Fort.
- Gadsisar Lake.
- Salim Singh-ki Haveli.
- Vyas Chhatri.
- Surya Gate.
- The Thar Heritage Museum
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0