Cable Car in Udaipur
To enable a large number of devotees visiting Karnimata Temple and other historic sites at Machhala Hill, Udaipur Ropeway is commissioned in June 2008. The promoters of Udaipur Ropeway are Omkareshwar Tradelinks Private Limited. They are engaged in promoting tourism in Rajasthan by launching a number of adventure projects to enable visitors to get more value of their money.
Information Ropeway or Cable Car is newly introduced and is one of the favorite tourist destinations. Cable car or Ropeway is installed between popular tourist spot Deen Dayal Park on the top of hill near lake pichola and Machhala Hill Top near Karni Mata temple. The Cable Car installed are also called Gondola meaning the compartment that is suspended from an airship and is used for transportation of personnel.
Red cable cars ferry sightseers on short (five minutes one way) trips up the hill from Deen Dayal Park at Doodh Talai (next to the Shiv Niwas Palace hotel) to Karni Mata temple. There's a viewing platform there and it's another popular spot for seeing the sunset over the city. This platform gives panoramic view of Udaipur city. Also, at night i.e. after 6:30 pm or 7:00 pm, the reflections of lighting done on the different palaces gives a splendid view.
For photography lovers, views from Gondola and from hilltop are mesmerizing. Cable car installed between Pichola Lake and Machhala Hill, one can see the best view of Udaipur including Pichola Lake, Fateh Sagar Lake, magnificent City Palace Complex, Sajjangarh Fort and above all artistic landscapes of Aravali mountains on the other side of lake.
Also, when the sun is setting across lush green Aravali Hills across Lake Pichola, it gives a breath-taking view.
The rope-way is located in the heart of the city, so, one can get access to the place easily. It is located in the main tourist area and can be best visited in the evenings (at the Sun Set time) followed by mouth watering cuisines served to your taste at very affordable rates at the Sun set point atop Machhala Hill.
- The Ropeway links Deen Dayal Park, Doodh Talai and Machhla Hill top through a fixed grip mono cable jig back system.
- Cabin type: 6-seater Gondola
- No. of Gondola: Currently there are four umbrella, which is being increased to six.
- Ropeway Length: 387 meter
- The ride of cable car is very affordable.So, everyone can enjoy it.
- 72 rupees for Indian adults and 300 rupees for foreign adults.
- Tickets for children under 110 centimeters tall cost 36 rupees and 150 rupees, for Indians and foreigners respectively.
- Also by paying 400 bucks, one can get the whole cabin for himself.
TimingsRopeway is open from 9 am to 9 pm. But, best time to visit is in the evening at sunset or after sun set.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0